Buyer Beware

Like almost every product or service oriented company, the SEO industry has its share of unscrupulous characters. Here, we will try and provide you with enough SEO information to help you avoid the crooks, and choose an SEO Specialist that will give you the best return on your investment!

The Good: What TO Do

  • Remember that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We’ve seen all sorts of SEO scams out there such as the “Pay nothing until you rank” scam. What they don’t tell you is that they will be targeting keywords no one searches for, and wasting your time, while taking your money. The best SEO’s charge money up front, because we already have very happy clients more than willing to pay us for our time and knowledge.
  • Do hire a SEO Company. Some people think it is something they can do themselves and do not realize they will lose out on more business learning the ropes, than hiring an SEO to begin with. The better the SEO, the higher the return on your investment, and the more likely you will eventually want to go after even the most competitive terms in your industry.

The Bad: What NOT To Do

  • Do not waste your money on site-submission services. Every major search engine has a place you can submit your website for free or simply acquire a couple of links from other websites and they will find you. Then its a matter of applying SEO skills and attaining more links to be ranked well.
  • Do not waste your money on buying text links. Search engines themselves have warned webmasters this can lead to more trouble than its worth.
  • Do not allow an SEO to install their Google Adsense or Yahoo Sponsored Listings on your website. Time and again, we see SEOs install this code “in an effort to get crawled”, when in fact this will not help at all, but rather pay the SEO and send visitors that are already at your website elsewhere.
  • Beware of SEO’s that only talk about ‘long tail’ phrases. In our experience, long tail phrases only account for roughly 35% of potential sales. The other 65% comes from the most competitive keyword phrases. This is why they are so competitive.

The Ugly: What to AVOID at all costs

These items are just plain ugly, because their long-term effect is total exclusion from search engines and make you potentially extremely dependent on the persons providing such services.

  • Doorway pages
  • Hidden text or links
  • Cloaked pages
  • “Free-for-all” links
  • Shadow domains
  • WebPosition Gold™ or any program that sends automated queries to search engines

Important –>> There are automated tools some SEO’s will use, each of which we have determined are not in our clients best interest. They are as follows:

  • Meta Tag Generation Tools – Many SEO’s use this to speed up their work. We have found that tried and true manual labor works better for us 100% of the time.
  • Automated Link Tools – This absolutely must be done manually. We take every incoming link very seriously and try and get the most out each one. There is just no way to do this with automation.
Call Now